Q: How do I volunteer to help at the community center?
There are many ways to help out:
1. Submit an Idea, Suggestion, or Feedback - Please let the Advisory Council know about facility, program, and event experiences or opportunities to improve upon.
Some of our current programs and clubs were developed based on suggestions from residents and organizations, and in cases having that person(s) involved in developing that proposed opportunity.
So share your idea with The Advisory Council.
2. Chicago Park District Volunteer for the site - At times the facility may use volunteers for certain tasks like front desk greeting, administrative support, and special event needs.
Volunteers will need to complete the Chicago Park District Volunteer Application and may be subjected to a required background check depending on the volunteer position or location. Submit your completed form to the Community Center Director email@example.com
3. Advisory Council Committees - See the listed committees. If interested in volunteering, send an email to the Advisory Council for more information. Volunteers who have not registered with the Advisory Council will need complete the Advisory Council Membership Application
4. Advisory Council Events & Fund Raisers - The Advisory Council is always in need of volunteers for events staged by either the Park District or by the Advisory Council. If you have a particular idea or interest, please contact the Advisory Council
5. Tell a Friend or a Neighbor - The programming and facility improvements depend on utilization and support from the community. Higher program demand, makes the Advisory Council's case easier when advocating for additional programming and appropriate funding. So please, help spread the word on the quality of programs and the facilities.
6. Donate Gently Used Supplies, Books, Toys, Games, and Equipment - In addition to being a great recycling opportunity, these type of in-kind donations would be put to excellent use at the facility for educational activities. See the Donation section for more information on desired items.
For more information, please contact the Advisory Council